In this series, we meet members of the Endoscopy team from different regions around the world. This month we talk to Samson, our regional manager for Cook Medical in China and Hong Kong.
1. What is your current position with Cook Medical and how long have you been in this position?
I am currently regional manager for Cook Medical in China and Hong Kong, and I have been in this position since 2007.
2. What is a typical day like for you?
I spend time working with regional managers from our Cook Medical distributor, which involves hospital visits and business meetings. Sometimes we organize training events in different cities that I will attend. I also attend workshops and conferences to meet with subject matter experts. In general, I find every day to be very busy, with time flying fast. I also find that I learn something new each day.
3. What, in your opinion, makes Cook Medical a unique company?
Cook Medical is unique in its emphasis on putting the patient first. As a private company, we don’t work for shareholders, and that gives us the flexibility to do things quite differently to serve patients better. We believe that when we do the right thing, business will come!
4. What about Cook Medical makes you most proud?
Cook Medical not only has the widest range of products, but also the most innovative products. That makes me proud to be part of Cook Medical.
5. We are constantly striving to be innovative in Cook Medical. Tell me how you see this in action in the field.
I agree 100 percent that Cook Medical is innovative. We are always the first to launch new technologies that have never been available in the market.
6. What do you like to do when you’re not working?
I enjoy hiking, working out at the gym, Feng Shui and fortune telling.